BEAUTIFULLY BANANA CREAM CAKE

 BEAUTIFULLY BANANA CREAM CAKE

Utterly delicious this Banana Cream Cake is layered with banana pudding and sweet buttercream making this cake a great option to satisfy your sweet tooth!

So lately I’ve been really into cake. But I mean I have to admit that I’m always kinda into cake. It’s like a life in and of itself to me, if you don’t like cake I probably think there is something wrong with you, just like I think there is something wrong with my non sweets loving husband. I mean seriously, sugar makes me happy, how can it just not make everyone as happy as myself?

Banana Cream Cake
Prep Time
1 hr
Cook Time
20 mins
Total Time
1 hr 20 mins
 
A delicious white cake filled with banana pudding and frosted with a fluffy vanilla buttercream.
Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings12
Ingredients
Cake:
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup milk
  • Instant Banana Pudding prepared

Frosting:
  • 1 lb butter
  • 4 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp almond extract
  • 6-7 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4-1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
  • Bananas and vanilla wafers for decoration optional
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In bowl mix together your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined, set aside.
  3. In another bowl beat together your butter and sugar until fluffy, add in your eggs 1 at a time until blended
  4. Mix in your vanilla.
  5. Alternate adding your dry ingredients and milk into your wet ingredients.
  6. Place in 3 8" or 9" prepared cake pans and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and they spring back.
  7. Remove from oven and turn onto cooling racks to fully cool.
  8. Meanwhile to make frosting, in large bowl beat your butter until light and fluffy.
  9. Blend in your extracts and then add in your powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
  10. Once sugar is added add in your milk slowly until you reach your desired consistency and continue to beat on high for about 5 minutes to fluff up. 
  11. For more Here